High blood pressure symptoms
Does high blood pressure really have symptoms. Learn how to discover high blood symptoms, its complications, types and treatments.
One of the major difficulties aspect of hypertension is that its a “silent killer”. That is the reason why majority of people who have it may not know that have been having high blood pressure symptoms.
The number one way out to know if you have hypertension is through regular check ups.
Most especially if you have elderly person or close relatives who is experiencing high blood pressure, you should look forward to any high blood pressure symptoms at any time.
What are the High blood pressure symptoms
supposing you are experiencing one,two or more of the following, it is advisable to think of high blood pressure symptoms.
1.Facial Flushing:- this is one of high blood pressure symptoms. It happened when the blood vessels in the face enlarge.Facial flushing can also caused by heat exposure,emotional stress,or hot water.
Although it is belief that high blood pressure is not the reason for facial flushing but it may occur when your blood pressure is higher than usual one.
That is why it is consider to be one of the high blood pressure symptoms.
2. Dizziness:- this another high blood pressure symptoms. It can be as a result of side effect of some medications.
However, implications of dizziness should not turn a blind high eye into.Most especially if its happened suddenly.Loss of balance and trouble walking couple with sudden dizziness are warning signs of stroke,which major factor is high blood pressure.
3. Nosebleeds:- nose bleeding is common high blood pressure symptoms. It occurs because of weakness in the blood vessels in the interior lining of part of the nose.
4. Nausea:- This is also one of the common high blood pressure symptoms and it occur due to series o f conditions which include alcohol,pregnancy,anxiety,gastroenteritis, being a side effects of some kind of drugs.
5. Vision symptoms:-vision problem is another high blood pressure symptoms that people with high blood pressure are facing.
Although, it is common but it is very important to always do eyes check up regularly.
6. Palpitation:- these are consider to be uncommon high blood pressure symptoms because they are not serious but it is crucial to get them checked.
Others are :-
7. severe headache
8. Fatigue or confusion
9. Rushing of blood in the ears.
10. Chest pain
11. Shortness of breath
12. Blood in the urine
13. Pounding in your chest,neck,or ear.
14. Irregular heart beat.
If you are experiencing any of this high blood pressure symptoms, ensure you see a doctor immediately.This is because you could be having high blood pressure(hypertension) crises which may result to a heart attack or stroke.
Living high blood pressure without treatment can lead to serious ailments such as lost of eyes, heart diseases,stroke,kidney failure.
The following are the complications that may occur as a result of high blood pressure:
- Fluid in the lung
- Brain swelling or bleeding
- Tear in the aorta
- Seizures in pregnant women with ecclesial
- Aneurysm,heart failure
- Weakened and narrowed blood vessels in the kidney
- Metabolic syndrome
- Trouble with memory or understanding
- Thickened, narrowed or turn blood vessels in the eyes.
Types of Hypertension
We have two major categories or types of high blood pressure which include primary and secondary hypertension.
1.Primary hypertension: majority of people have primary hypertension usually known as essential hypertension. It is hypertension which does not occur as a result of a particular cause.Rather it develop slowly over the the time. Most of this cases is ascribed to hereditary factors, age, race, gender etc.
2. Secondary hypertension: this can be said to be the direct result of a separate health situations.This means that hypertension is cause by another diseases such as sleep apnea,pregnancy,alcohol addiction,thyroid dysfunction,tumors,chronic kidney disease.And when the root cause is been tackled or treated blood pressure returns to its actual level or significantly reduced.
You may like to get one or more of the following medications in order to treat your high blood pressure.
- ANGIOTENSIN – converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE) such as enalapril,lisinopril,perindopril,ramipril.
- Angiotensin ii receptor blockers (ARB) e.g candesartan,irbesartan,losartan,valsartan.
- Calcium channel blockers(CCB)like amlodipine,felodipine,nifedipine.
- Diuretic such as chlorthalidone,inalapamide,bendroflumethiazide.
- Alpha-blockers e.g doxazosin,prozosin or beta- blocker like atenolol,bisoprolol.
- Alpha and beta blockers are less usually used for high blood pressure treatment.
Final note on high blood pressure symptoms
Do not try to diagnose yourself. Health care professional should be the only person that will do your clinical diagnosis.
Always know your number (BP number) and make necessary lifestyle changes to ensure good health.
The excellent way to prevent complications and keep away from problems is to capture hypertension early. It is either you go to your doctor for BP reading or your doctor advice you to buy a BP cuff and do readings at home.
If you are reading your blood pressure at home ensure u keep a record of your BP readings and take it to your doctor when going for appointment.